These generic grantee guidance materials are for organizations that receive U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funding and need assistance meeting the funding requirements and compliance for USAID. The guidance materials will be especially helpful for organizations who have not received USAID funding in the past.
How to Use
The generic grantee guidance package includes subawardeee guidance for start-up and workplanning, co-branding strategy and marking plan, performance monitoring plan, family planning compliance monitoring plan, USAID gender compliance, and USAID environmental compliance. Each document describes a step in the grant recipient process following award signing and will need to be used in guidance with the individual award document to ensure that individualized scopes are met.
1. Subawardeee Guidance for Start-Up and Workplanning
This document provides important information for USAID funding recipients to begin implementing projects in accordance with the subaward agreement. The guidance covers key steps to be completed during project start-up and how to create a project workplan.
- Subawardeee Guidance for Start-Up and Workplanning (PDF, 332 KB)
- Version française (PDF, 314 KB)
2. Co-Branding Strategy and Marking Plan Guidance for Subaward Recipients
This guidance document details the specific USAID branding and marking requirements and provides an explanation of how to complete your project’s branding and marking plan to ensure that you meet these requirements.
- Co-Branding Strategy and Marking Plan Guidance for Subaward Recipients (PDF, 197 KB)
- Version française (PDF, 242 KB)
3. Subawardee Guidance for the Performance Monitoring Plan
This document provides USAID award recipients with information to aid in the development of their respective performance monitoring plans.
- Subawardee Guidance for the Performance Monitoring Plan (PDF, 335 KB)
- Version française (PDF, 770 KB)
4. Family Planning Compliance Monitoring Plan for Subaward Recipients
This document serves to provide information on United States Government family planning (FP) legislative and policy requirements, and to provide recipients of USAID funds with the requirements and resources to develop a FP Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Family Planning Compliance Monitoring Plan for Subaward Recipients (PDF, 416 KB)
- Version française (PDF, 346 KB)
5. Subawardee Guidance for USAID Gender Compliance
This document explains what is meant by USAID Gender Guidance and will help subaward recipients meet USAID guidelines for integrating gender into all programming supported by USAID.
6. USAID Environmental Compliance Guidance for Subaward Recipients
This document provides guidance for organizations that are recipients of USAID funds on how to meet the USAID Environmental Compliance requirements.
- USAID Environmental Compliance Guidance for Subaward Recipients (PDF, 323 KB)
- Version française (PDF, 495 KB)