USAID Haiti’s strategy is focused on increasing country ownership of Haitian public and private sector entities and partners for development within Haiti. As such, it has awarded a number of contracts and grants to local Haitian organizations with the mandate to improve access to and delivery of health services to those who need them most. APC is responsible for building organizational and staff capacity to ensure that grantees implement operational and technical programs in alignment with their USAID award and deliver high-quality services.
- Advance and support programs that seek to improve the overall health of communities, especially related to family planning.
- Expand and strengthen nongovernmental organization (NGO) and community programs through grants.
- Strengthen NGO technical and organizational capacity.
APC is providing intensive competency-based capacity-building support targeted to each organization’s needs. The project views capacity building as a dynamic and iterative process that is informed by the particular goals, process, and progress of the organization.
Areas of Support
APC provides organizational capacity building in the following areas:
- Human resources management
- Financial management
- Organizational management
- Program management
- Project performance management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Resource mobilization
- Revenue stability
- Data analysis and use
- Accountability systems
APC also provides extensive support for managing USAID awards. This support includes increasing understanding of and adherence to USAID rules and regulations, developing and implementing strategic and work plans, ensuring transparent financial management, building monitoring and evaluation tools, and using data to inform decisions and improve service delivery.
- Health through Walls
- Service Chretien d’Haiti
- Zanmi Lasante (Partners in Health affiliate)
The project also supports the Ministère de la Santé Publique, Direction de l’Administration et du Budget as it manages the financial implementation of the results based financing scheme.